Since early 1900s, March 8 has been observed as International Women’s Day to celebrate the social economic, cultural and political achievements of women. Everyday is women’s day and so whats so special about March 8 every year.
I read a post in Times of India today, telling men to celebrate women’s day by doing so and so things. But why only on this day. Why should a man not help out his lady everyday of his life by doing small things such as answering the door bell, helping putting away the groceries and vegetables instead of leaving it on the dining table or the kitchen counter top, hanging the washed laundry, taking the kids off her shoulders for an hour or so , so she gets her me time. These are the huge things that matter a lot to a woman. They make her life easier and she gets a breathing space.
Believe me, this is what every women in this planet would be wanting from the man she loves. What she needs is a support from her man that will make her more secure, a feeling of being wanted and cared for.A shoulder to shed tears when things are not moving as per plans. A few words of consolation.
Hey Man, she wants your arms to hug her when she is feeling low, a quick kiss to appreciate what she has done for your and your family. A support system and constant words of encouragement when she is venturing out to create a niche for herself. These are the few things any woman in this paradise called Earth would be wanting from her man.
These are the things that she would value above a bunch of flowers, box of chocolates and candle light dinner. As these are just an icing on the cake. But realize that what she wants is the huge chunk of cake beneath the icing.
Are you man enough to take her with all her flaws and blemishes because she is a She?
Here is a paradox that was sent to me by a friend of mine Titled
Breaking the Stereotype of WOMEN’S DAY ..
If we must celebrate a day for women, let us celebrate freedom from stereotypes, from expectations, from idolization, from sacrifice…
- Stop congratulating women for being the secret behind a successful man… Start saluting them for being successful.
- Stop saying the mother is sacred for all the sacrifices she makes… Try to reduce those sacrifices!
- Stop telling women they are beautiful… Try telling them it’s not important to be beautiful!
- Stop praising her roles as mother, wife, daughter, sister… Celebrate her as an individual, a person, independent of relationships.
- Stop justifying her necessity to multi task…. Give her a chance not to!
- Stop these constructs which are aimed at making her strive for an impossible balance… Let her be inadequate… And happy!
Leaving you with these thoughts to ponder over.